Stakeholder Feedback Policy
The purpose of this policy is to provide a framework for gathering, collating and analysing information on stakeholder perceptions of the quality and effectiveness of Alphacrucis College (AC) activities for use in development, review and quality assurance processes. AC is committed to receiving input at all levels for the purpose of continuous improvement.
All courses of study and campuses
AC is committed to establishing and maintaining effective feedback systems for open and honest communication with all students and stakeholder groups. This feedback will be utilised to ensure AC offers increasingly high quality learning and teaching and that we effectively meet the needs of AC’s constituency while advancing the reputation and impact of the College.
AC feedback activities ensure the following:
- stakeholders have the opportunity to provide feedback, including: current students, current staff, alumni, industry partners, academic peers, community groups and other interest groups;
- feedback can be provided by individuals on their initiative or in response to requests by the College;
- feedback processes will be systematic, rigorous and respectful of the rights of students, staff and other stakeholders;
- feedback responses will be considered and, where appropriate, enacted in a timely manner;
- protection of privacy and reputation of all parties involved;
- mechanisms for providing feedback vary according to the needs of the College and stakeholder groups.
Responsible for implementation
Chair, Learning and Teaching Committee
Stakeholder Feedback procedure
SOURCES OF FEEDBACK
AC recognises the validity of all feedback mechanisms including email, telephone, surveys, in-class feedback, forums and formal and informal mechanisms including student and staff feedback. In general, this is received through stakeholder initiated feedback and College initiated feedback.
Stakeholder Initiated Feedback
Feedback initiated by the stakeholder may be received in the following ways:
- email phone or written correspondence, facilitated by the publication of relevant contact details on the College websites;
- representation on appropriate governing Boards and Committees;
- periodic audits and reports, initiated by governing, regulating, accrediting or professional bodies;
- informal discussion with a College staff member.
Grievances are addressed according to the Complaint and Grievance Resolution Policy.
College Initiated Feedback
Stakeholder feedback may be initiated by the College in the following ways:
1. Student Feedback Form
- at the end of each semester, all lecturers must ensure that their students have been invited to complete the online Student Feedback Form on Moodle. This should be completed no later than two weeks after the end of semester;
- a core set of questions will form the basis of the Student Feedback Form to systematically evaluate learning and teaching across all AC courses of study. This will include questions regarding students’ experience, resources available, curriculum material, assessment and other broader study experience.
2. Student Surveys
- For HE, this includes the Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) surveys :
· Student Experience Survey (SES)
· Graduate Outcomes Survey (GOS)
· Employer Satisfaction Survey (ESS)
- For VET, this includes the VET Learner Survey.
3. Staff Feedback
AC empowers staff members to provide feedback on all aspects of College life through:
- staff meetings (formal and informal);
- Staff Satisfaction Surveys;
- Annual Performance Appraisals;
- staff newsletters/bulletins/announcements;
- representation on appropriate governing boards and committees.
4. Stakeholder Feedback
- feedback is also sought from other AC stakeholders, including alumni, enquirers, industry partners, academic peers, community groups and other groups for specific purposes using methods appropriate for the specific feedback sought;
- this data will inform the processes of continuous quality improvement and future development.
5. Advisory Group
- The task of the Advisory Group is to provide industry feedback on the College’s operations and training and educational products and services. Members include external representatives from AC’s constituency.
Student and stakeholder feedback will be used by AC staff and their supervisors to:
- inform Annual Performance Appraisals;
- improve the delivery of courses of study through the subject review procedures;
- enhance design and development processes;
- motivate and support the scholarship of teaching;
- improve the provision of learning resources, facilities, equipment and services;
- inform professional development programs.
AC staff will engage with and report on stakeholder feedback and will undertake improvement planning on the basis of such feedback. This will include:
- reports on the results of stakeholder feedback will be distributed to staff with responsibility for improving student experience;
- staff will be consulted and informed regarding the use and dissemination of student and stakeholder feedback;
- stakeholders will be informed of changes made to courses of study and subjects on the basis of feedback received.