Details for Quantitative Skills
Good business’ need to be able to effectively run the books!
This subject aims to provide students with the fundamental mathematical skills essential to answer financial problems. This subject presents students with foundational concepts, preparing students for progression into statistical, accounting, and finance subjects. Throughout the subject, students will review basic financial mathematics, basic algebra, and differentiation and optimisation, and will be introduced to the econometric modelling, and bivariate regression analysis with applications to finance.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: BUS001
- Credit points: 6
- Subject coordinator: Keith McPherson
Awards offering Quantitative Skills
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Explain the basic rationale and application of relevant quantitative approaches in contexts of business, economics, finance and management;
- Demonstrate the use of quantitative skills in solving problems in business;
- Describe the relationship between financial quantities using linear (bivariate) regression;
- Demonstrate an understanding of business statistics.
- Review of basic financial mathematics
- Basic algebra
- Differentiation and optimisation
- Introduction to the econometric modelling
- Bivariate regression analysis with applications to finance
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Face to Face (on site)
- E-learning (online)
- Tests (accumulative) (40%)
- Case Study (1000 words) (30%)
- Exam (90min) (30%)
Bluman, A.G. Business Math Demystified, McGraw-Hill, 2006.
Bluman, A.G. Probability Demystified, McGraw-Hill, 2012.